It’s the beginning of a new year and a new season of life for many folks in our community. It’s the ideal time to connect with Evergreen Health and Rehab to find out how we can help with short or long-term rehabilitation needs or Alzheimer’s care. As our former and current patients and caregivers can attest, we offer conscientious and compassionate care – with a focus on returning to independent living when appropriate, and on preserving dignity and quality of life under all circumstances.
Do I Need Short-Term Or Long-Term Rehabilitation?
Evergreen Health and Rehab offers a comprehensive rehabilitation program for both short-term and long-term needs.
- Short-term rehabilitation services are often needed after a sudden illness, injury or surgery. Many of our clients benefit from short-term rehab after joint replacement surgery, following a heart attack, and after a stroke. It gives you time to heal in a secure, supervised setting and offers therapies designed to help you regain strength and thrive when you return home. Short-term rehab can last anywhere from a few weeks to a few months.
- Long-term rehabilitation may be recommended for patients after a severe stroke or when living with a chronic condition like COPD, Congestive Heart Failure (CHF), or Parkinson’s Disease. We help patients with bathing, dressing and managing medications, and offer therapies designed to help you live with your chronic condition while maintaining quality of life. This help includes specially designed programs for gentle exercise (even with conditions like CHF and COPD) when appropriate.
What Can I Expect From My Stay At Evergreen?
At Evergreen, our two greatest strengths are our caring, compassionate staff and our clean and safe facility.
- Our staff: Our skilled nurses form the core of our team, but patients and family members also rave about our administrative staff, therapists, dietitians and even our thorough and friendly cleaning staff. Every single member of our team is dedicated to providing the best possible care for patients and making things as easy as possible for loved ones.
- Our facility: Our clean and safe facility includes a state of the art ventilation and air conditioning system to help keep patients healthy, as well as clean and comfortable bedrooms and several cozy family rooms. We also have an inviting outdoor courtyard designed to offer patients a secure place to get fresh air and vitamin D! We also have a new gym for exercise and physical therapy programs.
- Communication: We believe that excellent communication between providers, patients, and family members is key. Our excellent administrative staff maintains strong lines of communication with local hospitals and places a high priority on communicating with family members.
What Services Does Evergreen Provide?
Our round the clock nursing program is the heart and soul of our facility, offering medication management, caring for wounds and surgical sites, and assistance with daily tasks like eating, bathing and dressing. Other key services include:
- A full-time nurse practitioner on site for patients whose medical issues may need more targeted attention
- Physical and occupational therapy with skilled therapists to help patients regain strength and mobility and get ready to return home when appropriate
- A registered dietitian to help with critical nutritional programming to help patients heal and gain strength
- Personalized exercise programming, including the ZeroG Gait and Balance Training System, which allows even the frailest patients to exercise in a safe setting without risk of falling
- Social workers to help patients and families negotiate care and plan for the future
What Amenities Does Evergreen Provide?
In addition to our high-quality patient care services, Evergreen offers a range of amenities designed to create a sense of community and well-being for patients. These include:
- Individual and group social activities
- Musical groups
- Exercise groups
- Bible study offered by local churches to help meet patients’ spiritual needs
- Daily planned activities designed to increase engagement and provide stimulation
- Beauty salon and barber shop to help preserve self-esteem
- Laundry service to help keep patients’ clothing fresh and clean and help them feel better about themselves.
What is Evergreen’s Journey Alzheimer’s Unit?
The needs of loved ones living with Alzheimer’s are different from those of patients in standard long-term rehab. This is why our acclaimed Journey Alzheimer’s unit is separate from the rest of our facility, offering specialized care to a small community of patients. Keeping patients healthy and safe while preserving dignity and quality of life is our goal. Nurses and aides on the unit receive specialized training and are carefully-selected to provide care and supervision to these very special residents. Our underlying philosophy is that Alzheimer’s patients do best when they are able to participate in meaningful activities based on familiar interests and develop social relationships with a sense of security and community.
What Payment Options Does Evergreen Accept?
At Evergreen, our excellent administrative staff works with patients and families to find payment options that work for them, allowing loved ones to get the best possible care at a cost they can afford. We work with Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance when applicable, and our experienced staff can help you negotiate the ins and outs of these programs.
How Can Evergreen Help? Schedule A Visit To See How We Can Serve You
We encourage prospective patients and family members to review the testimonials on our website, which speak to the excellent care provided – by everyone from office and nursing staff and therapists to our helpful and caring cleaning staff. Then reach out to our office to schedule a visit to see how Evergreen Health and Rehab can help you or your loved one meet short or long-term needs.